Who We Are

We're a like minded clan of gamers from the Portland metro area of the state of Oregon, USA. While we're based in Portland, we do have members from all over! So, don't be afraid to join! We tend to play many different games and we have guild chapters all over! We might even be playing a game you love!

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Review: Tt eSPORTS Gaming Glove


Review: Tt eSPORTS Gaming Glove

By: Christopher “Synther” Wilson

  

One of the more serious problems that gamers and computer users face is repetitive stress injuries.  Whether that is carpal tunnel syndrome, eye fatigue, back/knee/joint pain or any of a number of other problems, we spend quite a bit of money trying to get as comfortable as possible.  An issue I’ve always had was that my mousing hand would fall asleep or my wrist would hurt clear up to my elbow.  I’ve attempted a multitude of solutions over the years including wrist braces and even used the SteelSeries Gaming Glove for awhile.  But it really wasn’t until I got my…errr….hand in a Tt eSPORTS Gaming Glove that I found the problem adequately resolved.

If any of you had ever used a gaming glove before, you know that they were made pretty cheap.  The only other glove I’ve tried, or really was aware of, was the SteelSeries Gaming Glove.  It basically consisted of very thin material for the glove part and a heavier cloth and Velcro for the wrist.  In a single year, I went through two of these gloves and never fully got the support out of them that I desired.  Tt eSPORTS has taken the idea of the gaming glove and totally redesigned it.

I’ve read other reviews of gaming gloves and/or eyeware.  And most of the time these reviews take the standpoint that these kinds of products are simply a trendy way to show off your geekdom with nerd armor.  I would counter most of these reviews with the fact that the people writing them likely did not spend upwards of 12 to 18 hours per day in front of a computer or that they weren’t even gamers to begin with and thus did not have the background necessary to write a proper review.

The base design for the Tt eSPORTS Gaming Glove comes from the gloves used by bicyclists but forgoes the heavy leather.  Instead, the top of the glove is made with a thin lycra like material, while the palm side of the glove is a much heavier material that is not unlike what you might find in a wet suit.  The sides are put together with a durable mesh cloth that allows the hand to breath and is finally topped off with an adjustable wrist strap and Velcro tab.  The thumb, ring finger, and pinky are kept separate, while the index finger and middle finger share a single wide space.  This allows for those two fingers to act in unison on the mouse.  The palm contains two sets of gel pads: one in the center of the palm where the hand rests on the mouse and a smaller one toward the back of the thumb where it may sit on the mouse pad.

The pad in the center of the palm allows for a cushion on the hand, which I find alleviates my hand falling asleep and keeps my wrist from hurting.  Additionally, I find that the gel pad grips the mouse on its own and I don’t find myself holding on to the mouse with my fingers in a grip that threatens to crush it to dust.  Naturally, this allows for a much more relaxed and physically stress free use of the mouse.  I also find that the glove stops my hand from getting uncomfortably sweaty in the hotter months and I tend to have to clean my mouse much less often.

Between the middle finger and ring finger, and between the ring finger and index finger, are two elastic pull tabs.  This allows you to easily unstrap the Velcro and pull these tabs to remove the glove.  A very nice feature, indeed!  Though, it took some getting used to when I first started to wear the glove to feel these tabs between the fingers.

 
The only real downside that I can see to the Tt eSPORTS Gaming Glove is that it only comes in one size: Medium.  If you have gargantuan Hulk sized hands, you may have a problem.  However, most of the complaints that I’ve heard about the glove being too small were simply because the user had not worn it long enough.  Trust me: the fabric will stretch to comfortably fit most hands.  But you may have to wear it for a few hours.  The other downside is that it only comes for the right hand.  You south paws are out of luck, as is often the case with gaming accessories and peripherals.

As you can see from these photos, my Tt eSPORTS Gaming Glove gets a lot of use.  I rarely, if ever, sit in front of my computer without putting this glove on.  For the minimal price, I highly recommend it to anyone that is right handed and spends a lot of time gaming or a lot of time using a mouse.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

PDX Murderous Moppets

PDX Murderous Moppets
Community of Freedom